Thursday, August 18, 2005

Anticipation & Anxiety

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I’m really enjoying the Clarion newsgroup. Several of the participants have posted messages. I think it’s going to be a fun group.

I’ve been reading as many stories as I can get my hands on by the Clarion instructors. I’ve always been a big Nancy Kress fan, but I am really enjoying all of the other writers’ work as well, especially Andy Duncan’s. Maybe it’s because we’re both from the South, maybe it’s because he’s just a great storyteller.

The more I read, the more unprepared I feel. Some of the stories I’ve read several times, analyzing what the author is doing and how the stories are structured. But I feel like I’m trying to cram for a test. I can honestly say, though, that small beams of understanding are coming through with each story. I’ll just keep at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home