Thursday, August 18, 2005

Arrival

Saturday, June 5, 2004

Arrived at Clarion today about 5:30 PM, a pretty long ride from Maryland. The people who were already here immediately started helping me unload my car (and I brought a lot of stuff). Everyone was super nice. I guess about ten or eleven of us had arrived by the end of the day. Once everything was unloaded, I took a few people on a trip to Meijer’s, which is sort of like a converted Wal-Mart, but much nicer.

Later Njihia and Rebecca and I ventured out and ate at a place near campus called The Post, which was surprisingly good. The three of us hit it off really well, sharing several common interests. I think that being with these people at Clarion will be a lot like writing – I can get wrapped up in it and lose all track of time. That’s exactly what happened – I talked with some of the guys on my hall until about 12:15 PM, just about all kinds of stuff – not all of it sf. Trent is really into Dylan, so I know we’re likely to have several conversations about Bob. I’d say Clarion is off to a good start.

Recommendations: I’m glad that I drove up on Saturday instead of Friday or Sunday. I think Friday is too early and Sunday is probably too late. I also recommend bringing the computer system that you have been working with all along. I brought my desktop and am glad I did. Even though it took up a lot of space in the car, I’m glad I’ve got instant access to everything that I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home